XNA Essentials

Game Programming for Xbox 360, PC + Windows Phone

NAVIGATION - SEARCH

Code Problems

Ok I got the book, installed vis studio 2010 and xna 4.0, chapter 2 worked fine got it working on the xbox and everything. When trying to do chapter 3 it wont convert for 2010 vis studio output says:

C:\Users\Boyd\Desktop\XNA\Chapter3\PerformanceBenchmark\PerformanceBenchmark\PerformanceBenchmark.csproj : error  : Unable to read the project file 'PerformanceBenchmark.csproj'.
C:\Users\Boyd\Desktop\XNA\Chapter3\PerformanceBenchmark\PerformanceBenchmark\PerformanceBenchmark.csproj(98,3): The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\XNA Game Studio\v2.0\Microsoft.Xna.GameStudio.Common.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

No other chapter will work. What am I doing wrong :S

RockRidX - Tuesday, December 7, 2010 @ 3:44 PM

Re: Code Problems

Im sorry if I sound like an absolute noob or something and thats why I'm getting no replies, I really need some help. This is for my final year project at university and I'm disappointed that I bought this book and its of no help because none of the code works.

Please if theres anyone out there that can help me, give this idiot the benefit of the doubt and reply.

Thanks

Rock

RockRidX - Thursday, December 9, 2010 @ 9:43 AM

Rock,

Sorry for the delay.  Things have been extremely busy at work.

There are a lot of breaking changes in XNA 4.0.  You should install VS2008 C# Express and XNA GS 3.1 to use the code in the book as it is.  That will be the fastest way to get going.

I'm working on updated code but I'm not done with it yet.

Chad Carter - Monday, December 13, 2010 @ 9:31 AM

Hi Chad,

I would guess that the GS4.0 update would be why I'm also having issues with Chapter 4?

When I try to do the graphics.GraphicsDevice.VertexDeclaration, I'm being told that the GraphicsDevice does not contain a definition for 'VertexDeclaration' and that there is no extension method capable of accepting a first argument of the graphics.GraphicsDevice type.

Felanor - Thursday, January 6, 2011 @ 8:40 PM